You are here
Senior Audit Manager, Global Insurance Firm
- Regional Senior Audit Manager
- Travel within APAC - up to 20%
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest composite Insurers in the world. Headquartered in Europe, the business in Singapore covers Life, Non-Life and also Asset Management businesses.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting the development of the audit plan through a deep and broad understanding of the risks facing the different business entities
- Accountable for the execution of an allocated portfolio of audit reviews in accordance with Group Audit Methodology and responsible for the quality of their delivery.
- Be able to identify applicable risk and controls relevant to the scope of the audit, perform relevant test of controls and identify control deficiencies where they arise.
- Delivering and managing the timely production of high quality concise audit issues in the audit reports.
- Performing follow up on issues raised during the audit.
- Managing stakeholder relationships with key senior management within the business.
- Contributing to the production of reports to Internal Audits key stakeholders (e.g. Audit Committees, Risk Committees, and Board Committees etc.) and through these influencing management actions to deliver a more effective controls framework.
- Facilitating quality assurance checks performed by the Group Audit.
- Representing the local audit team and participating in Group themed Practice Groups.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates should have:
- Degree and professional qualification preferred.
- Professional audit or accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, CIA or equivalent) or equivalent business experience required.
- 8+ years in audit or consulting firms in the financial services department (insurance / asset management / banking).
- Experience in leading complex projects/reviews, leading small-medium teams and handing negotiations.
- Experience in managing the senior level relationships and influencing their behaviour.
- Good knowledge of risk management, market developments and regulatory requirements in insurance / asset management / banking industries.
- Audit Professionalism - Audit skills and methodological application ( planning, business analysis, risk and control evaluation, testing and reporting)
What's on Offer
On offer is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who would like a role with hands-on audit, also leading audits on a high-level, strategic front. The role gives great exposure to the APAC region, also to senior business leaders.