You are here
Sales Engineer - Trucks/Trailer parts
Dynamic work environment
Industry leader in heavy automotive components
About Our Client
Our client is a leading German manufacturer of components for the heavy automotive (trucks, trailers) industry and have been in the market for more than a century. In South East Asia, their key business interests are across Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia while the production is managed in Europe, China and Americas. The sales team in the region, including field sales and sales support, has 6 staff and we are looking for a Sales Engineer to join the SEA sales team. This is a replacement hire.
The Sales Engineer - Trucks/Trailer parts is responsible for driving direct sales of components into large truck-trailer manufacturers in the assigned countries in South East Asia. The role will report into the Head of Sales for South East Asia.
The key responsibilities for this role will be to:
- Lead sales of the company's entire product range for customers in the assigned territories within SEA
- Proactively develop and maintain new and existing customer accounts
- Deliver product demonstrations and respond to requests concerning quotation and orders
- Effectively communicate customer requirements to the product and supply chain team
- Be the market expert on automotive parts - axles, bearings, lubricants in heavy automotive
- Have a strong understanding of competitors in the industry
- Drive field events such as conferences, seminars, trade shows and exhibitions
The Successful Applicant
- Degree or Diploma in mechanical, electrical or a related technical discipline
- 4 years or more experience in selling parts to the heavy automotive sector in Asia
- Strong key account management, client service experience
- Team player with high integrity
Local travel is required in this role so it is preferred that the candidate have their own car. Transport allowance will be provided.
What's on Offer
Our client, a high end manufacturing firm has a history of more than a century in making and selling parts for the truck-trailer industry. In these challenging market conditions they have decided to make significant changes to their sales process and moved away from price based selling. With their origins in Germany, they have enjoyed a reputable brand recognition and are looking for someone who will be a true brand ambassador in South East Asia.
The remuneration for this role and benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market and linked to the P&L performance and team development. This is a hands on field sales role.