You are here
Sales Engineer - Power
Sales experience within the Power Generation / UPS industry?
Sold Power solution products including gensets, switchgear etc?
About Our Client
A leading company in the Power Generation and UPS industry offering a range of customised and fully integrated power generation solutions to a range of customers - from residential homes to hospitals, industrial to marine, data centres to mining operations.
The company designs, manufactures and supplies generators, switchgear and associated technologies that help to keep the lights on and provide reliability in uncertain and often critical circumstances.
With successfully implemented projects across the world - their customers have come to rely on their expertise and technological leadership in the field of Power Generation and UPS.
This Sales Engineer role will report directly to the Head of Sales for South East Asia and the focus will be on the developing countries markets including Myanmar with some key projects extending into other more developed countries across South East Asia.
Responsibilities of the Sales Engineer role include:
- Develop sales strategy and generate new business both directly and also via channel partners in specific countries to meet revenue and margin targets
- Promote the business to secure new business accounts while maintaining existing accounts in order to increase market share
- Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with channel partners, end users, contractors and influencers
- Strategically identify potential areas of new business - to further penetrate existing markets but also to identify and execute business in new markets
- Effectively manage frontline client relationships (e.g. distributors, contractors, EPC consultants)
- Assist prospects in selection of which products/ solutions are best suited to their needs
- Plan, develop and implement strategies on distributor sales
- Provide front line marketing and technical support to distribution partners
- Establish budgetary forecasts regarding predicted sales volumes
- Provide company with market intelligence and competitor information
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the Sales Engineer include:
- Minimum of 5 years' sales experience in the Power Generation or UPS industry and a strong track record of delivery
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and effective at building long term and mutually beneficial business relationships
- Highly organised and able to efficiently prioritise workload when managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer focused and dependable individual who is self-motivated and prepared to go the extra mile when required
- Ideally minimum diploma in Engineering subject
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to join a growing business within the Power Generation industry and this is a high profile role within South East Asia - responsible for further increasing sales for the emerging markets. With a commitment to innovative products, world-class engineering and responsive aftersales support this business is continuing to outperform the market and better at meeting the needs of its customers.