You are here
Sales Director - Sponsorships & Media
- Start-up culture, fast paced and dynamic
- Lead a team of 4-6 sales professionals
About Our Client
Our client is a leading brand in media and events production. They organise exclusive events with senior business leaders across industry, with a special focus on human capital management. The role of the Sales Director (Sponsorship) - Online & Offline Media is to lead the sponsorship team to develop, plan and implement the sponsorship strategy for these events.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales Director will engage in B2B sales and have the opportunity to be the primary owner of the P&L for sponsorship sales with print/online experience being secondary but necessary. You will finalise sponsorship revenues for key events across the year, starting in Q1.
You will also be the key account manager and effectively lead a sales team to drive culture and motivation to achieve results in tough market. The advertising revenue coming from digital and print media will also be driven by your team.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- 8 years of experience in B2B sales across events, print and digital media
- 4 years in managerial capacity - directly managing at least 3 sales staff
- An ability to exceed expectations in tough market conditions
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build a strong culture of success
- Strong contacts and network in the staffing, human capital, learning & development industries
What's on Offer
This is a challenging role aimed at individuals who are looking for an environment that rewards heavily based on success. Over the last 12-24 months, the market has shifted significantly with the revenue share of digital media seeing a sharp increase. In this scenario, the sales team needs a leader who is capable of managing change while being conscious of success. Remuneration for this role will be competitive across basic and commissions.