You are here
Sales Account Manager
Sales experience within the specialty chemicals / materials industry?
Industry experience within the coatings or plastics industry?
About Our Client
A global manufacturer of specialty chemicals, materials and intermediate products that are used in a diverse variety of applications and mostly in the coatings and plastics industry. They have several production and R&D sites globally (Europe, US, China and SEA) which offer high levels of quality control and assurance. The business invests heavily in R&D and associated facilities and the sales function is backed up with a highly capable worldwide sales and application technology network to ensure the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
This Sales Account Manager role will report directly to the Head of Sales for APAC (also based in Singapore) and the focus will be on developing business across South East Asia and Australasia. You will be accountable for generating sales mostly into coatings and plastics manufacturers.
Responsibilities of the Sales Account Manager role include:
- Develop the sales strategy and generate new business both directly and also via channel partners in specific countries to meet revenue and margin targets - this role is around 50% direct / indirect)
- Establish budgetary forecasts regarding predicted sales volumes and then deliver accurate sales revenues
- Establish, grow and maintain relationships with both distribution partners, agents and also end users
- Strategically identify potential areas of new business - to further penetrate existing markets but also to identify and execute business in new markets
- Plan, develop and implement strategies on distributor sales and provide technical support to distribution partners
- Provide company with market intelligence and competitor information
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the Sales Account Manager include:
- Minimum of 2 years' sales experience in the chemicals or raw materials industry and a strong track record of delivery - this could be for a manufacturer or a distribution business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and effective at building long term business relationships
- Good analytical skills and able to effectively negotiate with customers and key stakeholders
- Highly organised and able to efficiently prioritise workload and travel arrangements
- Be an independent sales person and happy to travel extensively across the region - expect up to 50% at times in the first 2 years
- Customer focused and dependable individual who is self-motivated and prepared to go the extra mile when required
- Ideally degree in Chemical, Materials Science or Engineering subject
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to join a global business within the specialty chemicals industry - based from the Singapore office. The business is highly committed to producing new and innovative products through returning their profits into R&D activities and this results in their continued success.