You are here
Risk Manager / Environment Health Safety
- Client side
- Regional role
About Our Client
Our client is a global retail company which has an established footprint in Asia and very strong expansion plans for the next years. They are an employer of choice and are known to offer great career development prospects.
You key responsibilities will be to lead the development and support the implementation of a risk framework securing Risk Management is properly anchored in Expansion projects.
- provide directional support and monitor compliance regarding the design, store construction, shopping centres and mixed use projects to secure compliance with internal & external standards (include insurance requirements) and proper handling of related risks.
- instill the right risk culture by consistently addressing the issues and coaching the team to build up individual safety and risk awareness
- Help define the risk appetite for expansion projects and develop necessary policies, tools and mechanisms to secure our risk exposure remains within the defined appetite.
- Ensure constant communication with projects stakeholders throughout the life cycle of projects to identify problems, formulate recommendations and solutions and report on deviations
- Provide guidance on internal standards when "grey areas" exist and evaluate impact on risk exposure from proposed/known non-compliance issues and facilitate formal approval when relevant.
- Support in fire safety design coordination meetings with architects, fire consultants and fire bureau and review fire engineering design report for follow-up and monitor corrective actions.
- Review the detailed architectural and engineering design of projects against latest company standards, manuals and guidelines.
- Provide technical & cost effective advice on MEP, C&S, fire equipment selection and ensure that quality and standards are not compromised. Partake in tendering and commissioning of life safety systems.
- Co-ordinate with insurers and secure the fulfillment of insurance requirement by the project team in accordance with internal requirements.
- Conduct site inspection for fire facilities installation during construction stage.
The Successful Applicant
You should have at least 10 years in a Risk Management / Compliance function, ideally in a retail or construction environment, you are someone with a higher education in engineering and/or construction field with preferably a certification in fire safety and/or any other relevant domains.
You are a self-oriented and a decisive leader who believes in sharing ideas / best practices. With strong resilience, good communication and interpersonal skills, you are able to "build from scratch" and report key concerns and secure the full involvement of all business stakeholders from management to co-workers.
You have a track record in setting up complete risk framework and driving changes in complex environments and you have gained extensive exposure to large construction projects
What's on Offer
- Great opportunity to manage the full cycle of large construction projects on the client side.
- Regional role
- Top notch company
- Large retail projects