You are here
Risk, Assurance & Compliance Manager
- APAC coverage
- Travel about 50%
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of specialised supply chain solutions and trade finance facilitation services for the commodities industry. They manage multiple products (predominately non-ferrous and ferrous metals as well as selected soft commodities and liquids) for their customers which includes producers, consumers, traders and financiers.
They have a large presence in Asia Pacific with the Regional Headquarters based in Singapore.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify, assess, describe and evaluate risks affecting the business and propose/implement corrective action plans to mitigate the risks.
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process including key risk indicators across the region.
- Create policies, procedures and control assessments in response to identified risks.
- Provide support, education, training and technical support to management and employees regarding risk management strategies and programs.
- Support Collateral Management site surveys and due diligence checks to evaluate the feasibility of proposed projects.
- Maintain reports of significant risks and recommendations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the company's internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company's goals and objectives.
- Frequent travel within the region will be required.
- Ensure compliance to Group Policies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have:
- 6+ years experience in Business/Operational Audits, Risk Assessment and Compliance
- External Business Audit with Risk Assessment/Compliance in the relevant industry can be considered
- Experience in the logistics sector/selected commodities sectors
- Experience in Process Design, Validation and Auditing (e.g. ISO); Risk Assessment
- Good analytical and communicating skills
- Vigilant and observant
- Managerial experience of a small team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Visio and advance Excel)
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Mandarin (to liaise with Mandarin speaking counterparts)
- Able to travel about 50% around the APAC region
What's on Offer
On offer is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to many different businesses and industries within the APAC region. It gives good exposure to Senior Management, and provides an all rounded Governance view of the business.