You are here
Risk and Compliance
- Quality Assurance
- Compliance Testing
About Our Client
APAC hub for Global Financial Institution with growing operations in Singapore.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with all functional and business colleagues to understand and track operational process risks and challenges - to that end specific understanding of core branch/bank operational process and familiarity with a wide Markets and Lending product suite a plus
- Active tracking and management of risks and corresponding actions - including those self-identified by the business, issues identified by the risk team, internal and external audit as well as regulatory authorities, to the extent applicable
- Development and implementation of a policy alignment and embedding framework including analysis of the global policy framework to identify those applicable, mapping to local policies and procedures and guiding corresponding Singapore policy owners in addressing gaps
- Developing a risk and compliance monitoring framework, taking into consideration known risks and issues, policy embedding status, working in conjunction with first line control function to ensure effective risk oversight in line with MAS guidance /expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and simultaneously engage in more than one activity at a time.
- Responsible for delivery of review/testing plan, engagement with compliance and risk colleagues as well as colleagues in International locations to facilitate exchange of best practices and alignment of solutions/control framework.
- Experience working to tight deadlines with the demonstrated ability to keep several initiatives progressing simultaneously
- Provide input to Head of team and deputy head in the formalisation of the risk based coverage plan to ensure it meets regulatory requirements
- Educate the business in control best practice by applying current industry and regulatory knowledge, technical expertise and complying with relevant policies.
- Providing a supportive, learning focused environment by ensuring an effective collaborative working environment.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience Required:
- 8 to 10 years' experience in internal audit or operational risk/quality assurance required in Financial and Capital Markets operational processes as well as a granular understanding of trade finance and on balance sheet lending products a plus
- Ability to form an independent documented assessment of local operational risk and exposure to oversight of the outsourcing model and associated dependencies a necessity
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or professional certification (CPA, CRP, CIA, CFSA) a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MAS regulatory guidance and expectations around operational risk and second line quality assurance functions preferred
- Ability/prior experience developing and implementing a risk based review/oversight plan a significant plus
- A good understanding of the AML regulatory framework and MAS Bank Secrecy requirements (including specific related certifications) a plus
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, while maintaining independence from the business.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and influencing skills
- Ability in developing good relationships with Regulators.
- Ability to develop and maintain relevant external links with regulatory bodies and external auditors and maintain knowledge of relevant laws and regulations and auditing best practices
What's on Offer
The job will offer the successful hire the ability to work independently but also as part of a team and liaise with senior management globally. You will be provided to exposure to multiple disciplines and different areas of the business. Strong interaction with regulators as well as exposure to a diverse suite of corporate and market products.