You are here
Retail Credit Risk Models, Modelling Analyst, IFRS9
Retail Bank, Credit Risk
About Our Client
Our client is a global Retail and Wholesale Bank with an international presence.
- Develop new, maintain and enhance retail scorecards (application, behavior, collections/recovery, etc) and IFRS9 models.
- Able to conduct validation of scorecard performance, PD, LGD, and EAD models
- Work with other members of the credit risk team to utilize and integrate credit scorecards into IFRS9 models
- Support the implementation of scorecards and IFRS9 models through review of model engine enhancement, UAT and deployment
- Monitor and analyze scorecard and IFRS 9 model performance.
- Liaison with business functions, credit approval, collections and other related functions to drive use, monitor overrides, analyze new requirements and feedback on existing models
- Develop and maintain scorecard documentation, policies and procedures
- Conduct periodic training, research and development of new models, methodologies and scorecard/model business usage
- Provide consultation support to the country risk teams.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Math, Operations Research or other related field (Masters a plus)
- Experienced in scorecard development, maintenance and validation experiences in a banking environment.
- Good understanding of Credit Risk for the retail portfolio and retail banking products.
- Proficient statistical programming skills in SAS (and other statistical software a plus), strong analytical skills and understanding of quantitative and statistical analysis.
- Experience in data manipulation, data mining and understanding of relational databases
- Experience with statistical modeling and analytic techniques
- Excellent knowledge of banking risk management (Basel and IFRS 9 plus).
- Proficiency in MS Word, advanced MS Excel, database software and SQL language
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thought leadership and problem solving
- Able to creatively apply analytical solutions to business problems
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects effectively
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with strong interest in risk management and desire to acquire the knowledge and understanding of credit modeling, analytics, Basel II capital reporting and IFRS 9 financial reporting.
What's on Offer
On offer is an opportunity to join an international bank with global mandated projects across various functions of the bank. The firm offers a very competitive base and bonus schemes.