You are here
Regional PR Manager (North Asia) - B2C Tech Firm
Excellent consumer tech brand
Amazing work culture, middle management role
About Our Client
Our client is an established and very successful, global consumer technology (B2C) firm. They have an amazing brand globally and are going through tremendous transformation across their key markets. In Asia, Japan is one of their most significant markets and due to a recent change in middle management, they are looking to hire a (Regional) PR Manager - North Asia to join their APAC PR team, ideally in their APAC HQ - Singapore.
Reporting directly to the Head of PR, APAC in Singapore, this role manages all key agency relationships in North Asia and is also responsible for driving partnerships across the same territory. This is an individual contributor role and our client intends to keep their in-house team lean as they place immense trust in their existing network of agencies.
Besides the agency management aspect, this role will:
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and drive the PR strategy for the assigned markets - China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines
- Set KPIs for agency partners and review and report such KPIs to the leadership group
- Manage partnerships across North Asia with celebrities, event managers, KOLs
- Develop and maintain a calendar of relevant news events that's in line with the global strategy
- Manage budget and resources appropriately for the North Asian markets
The Successful Applicant
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Communications, Business or a relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a PR role and 4 years covering APJ or North Asia
- Fantastic relationships with PR agencies and experience in managing PR agencies
- Current knowledge of digital communications techniques and social media engagement
- Passion for consumer facing technology products - ideally hardware
- High level of energy and flexibility to travel as the role requires 25% travel across North Asia & US
- Ability to speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese will be a huge plus as it will help you engage with audience at the ground level in North Asian markets and drive campaigns hands-on
What's on Offer
Our client offers an amazing opportunity for someone in a PR agency, looking for a strong in-house role with regional coverage or someone in-house who is looking for a challenging yet fun PR role that helps you develop expertise within the North Asian markets. Compensation in this role will be competitive and our client is happy to explore the possibility of awarding stock options to the right candidate.