You are here
Regional Operations Director - APAC (Food & Beverage)
Career Advancement Opportunities
Part of Pioneer Team in regional expansion
About Our Client
Our FTSE 100 client delivers a comprehensive range of food services / hospitality services to major companies operating in the various sectors across the globe. With over 60 years of history, they continue to grow and expand their presence, and they see great opportunities to further develop their client base in the Asia Pacific region. They are currently looking for a Regional Operations director Asia to be based physically in their Singapore office.
The Director of Operations ensures that the joint vision and mission of their key client is communicated, implemented and manifested at the point of experience, including service standards and initiatives, product quality, food and workplace safety, cost controls, concept development and design, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure Implementation.
The role will focus on all aspects of their key client in these regions (APAC) in order to support operational excellence such as setting the standards for all of operations and systems.
- Is a key stakeholder with our partner and all teams to operationalize the food program, managing an international team spread across various regions
- Drives a culture of excellence throughout the business
- Has a passion for quality food preparation and taste
- Manages and mentors toward business goals, ensuring the maturation and training of senior management
- Catalyst, with the ability to effect positive change using strategy and process improvement for necessary change management opportunities across the business
- Monitors and manages all financial responsibilities
- Ensures all sector and employee guidelines are implemented and adhered to
- Creates a culture of food and workplace safety
- Oversees the team(s) that opens new business and/or existing operations with new food programs, merchandising, equipment, etc.
- Develop a bench for future (senior) leadership positions with both internal as well as external candidates
- High potentials development planning and ownership
- Be involved and engaged in the latest trends in food, wellness, sustainability, food concepts, leadership and industry technology
Performance management planning and execution:
- Maximize use of all the firm's tools and systems to ensure optimal performance by all team members
- Facilitate the implementation and use of the firm's KPI model at all sites
- Lead the ongoing performance improvement process to drive performance against agreed upon KPI performance measures at all sites.
- Training and development plans
- Successful and ongoing use of existing programs
- Co-creator and facilitator of the development of new programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- Recruitment strategies/plan for different roles around the portfolio Innovation:
- Ensure a strong onboarding process that includes synchronization with the business and their key client
- Core Processes: Planning & Execution:
- Facilitate the maximum impact of the Quarterly Business Discussion and Quarterly Partner Hangout processes at all sites
- Facilitate the annual planning for all sites
Financial management (forecasting, control systems, P&L management)
- Regional P&L analysis and follow up: identify key learning and facilitate the development and implementation of plans and actions to address key opportunities
- Identify key opportunities for the better use of existing and new technology
- Ensure compliance with the proper procurement principles
Services and experience models
- Lead the ideation and development process of new service and experience models within the region.
- Provide guidance and support for key concept development and execution
Culinary community development:
- Facilitate the ongoing enhancement and built out of a true culinary community at all sites
- Provide new builds and renovation support and high level oversight
- Provide and facilitate development and support for key food program initiative and programs
- Support and facilitate annual food tours at key markets with key stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Hotel/Restaurant or Business Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of industry experience in place of a degree & Minimum of 5 supervising senior managers
- A proven track record in Operations, General management Preferably in a regional domain within the F&B sector.
- Excellent Negotiating and influencing skills
What's on Offer
Our client offers a unique opportunity for ambitious candidates within the Food & Beverage industry.