You are here
Regional Distribution & Operations Manager
European MNC with solid brand name in the Consumer Goods industry
Be part of expansion plans with a growing organisation
About Our Client
Our Client is an International European Company in the Beauty business, with an extensive global network and multi-billion dollar revenue. They are globally recognised as a market leader and are constantly reinventing themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance regionally and internationally and as part of this commitment, they are looking for a dynamic Regional Distribution & Operations Manager to assist them and contribute in this area.
Reporting to the Regional Logistics Director, your major responsibilities will include the development, execution as well as continuous improvement of the Logistics & Distribution processes in alignment with the commercial objectives. To achieve this objective, you will have to work closely with different functions in the matrix organisation across multiple BUs. This role is highly strategic and technical.
- Managing internal Distribution Centres (DCs) across the region through in-market Operations Managers.
- Evaluate, define and strategise Distribution & Operations processes across the region.
- Management of 3PL performance via Scorecard.
- Identifying gaps and opportunities to initiate projects such as relocation or DC, consolidation of warehouses etc.
- Having a thorough understanding of the 3PL industry to match individual competencies with the needs of each DC across the region.
- Procurement and negotiation of rates (RFP/RFQ) with Freight Forwarders/3PLs.
- Spearheading Cost savings Projects for the region - (structural changes) longer-term vs strategic moves.
- Driving process improvements to optimise delivery, customer satisfaction and cost.
- Stakeholder Management
- Travel about 30-40% to countries within your remit on a needs-basis.
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Logistics or equivalent related studies and you must have significant years of relevant experiences in Distribution & Operations. You must be knowledgeable in the Freight Forwarding industry as well as in Distribution & Operations. Experience in FMCG sectors with exposure in Leadership will be an advantage. You should also be strong with analytics as well as be sensitive to trends. Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a high growth and highly energised company that can build your CV and shape your career. The company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. As such, you will have a strong sense of belonging and pride in your workplace.