You are here
- US MNC
- Regional role
About Our Client
Our client is a large US manufacturing company. They have a large presence and are well reputed in the region.
Reporting the the APAC Counsel, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with regional and corporate management, to provide general legal advice with respect to the day to day commercial operations of the enterprise;
- To provide proactive management and advice with respect to commercial review in the region with a clear focus on legal, strategic guidance and risk analysis for high value, high risk contracts in the region. The candidate will also be expected to provide regular training to business and management;
- Provide support to the procurement function in the region;
- Pro-active management of corporate and regional statutory compliance requirements in the region in close coordination with the global and regional teams;
- Assist the global and regional teams with strategic projects as required;
- Management of litigation and litigation risk in close collaboration with the global team;
- Corporate housekeeping, restructuring and governance for legal entities in the region;
- Manage selection and use of external counsel.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful you should
- Be a qualified lawyer practising in the Asian region in a multinational company. Must
- Be a pro-active, self-reliant and forthright lawyer who is keen to become part of a larger global legal team and make a difference. Desire to work in a highly motivated team and dynamic environment is very important for success.
- Be a commercial minded lawyer with strong legal analytical skills and insight in identifying the needs of the business.
- Possess excellent negotiation, communication and people management skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the business to take specific actions.
- Possess sound ethics with western mindset and approach. Aware and appreciative of cultural differences.
- Possess excellent English and Mandarin as a significant part of the work will be in Chinese for the China market
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company in an highly visible and commercial role. The role supports the Asia region.