You are here
Regional Commercial Manager - SEA & Oceania
- Diverse culture and embracing diversity
- Plan and build your regional business
About Our Client
Reporting to directly to the Commercial Director - the purpose of this role is to implement the commercial strategy of the firm's business in SEA & Oceania region through distribution management sales.
You will work cross functionally with the regional & global stakeholders such as Global Key Account Managers, Regional Marketing Director, Product Line Managers, Global and Regional R&I, Regulatory departments.
Based in Singapore, the Distribution Commercial Manager will also work closely with the SEA Key Account Manager, Customer Service and Supply Chain (hub) team in the Singapore.
The Distribution Commercial Manager's key responsibility is to drive the commercial excellence initiatives of the Business unit, deliver the road map targets of both Ingredients business, regional / country specific accounts in South East Asia region.
Asia represents more than 50% of the global business unit growth perspectives in the short, medium and long term and the company is looking to focus their efforts on building their business in ASIA.
A key responsibility of the Commercial Manager will be to manage and develop the business together with the clients master distributor in the region through effective management and achieve increase product sales through our channels enhance our understanding of these markets (getting synthesized information from our distributor and thorough understanding of end-markets growth drivers and the competitive landscape).
Other functions would be:
- Research and analysis of market potential in SEA
- Open and develop new client relationships regionally
- Advise clients on the relevant product range in partnership with internal technical support teams
- Prepare for and manage proposals and tenders for high developed process equipment Develop and manage sales pipelines
- Client follow up and service excellence checks
- Being the interface with external bodies and organisations
- Results reporting with the Managing Director and global management team
- Liaison with global HQ and inter-regional teams
- Build a team over time in line with business growth
The Successful Applicant
- Need a minimum of 10 years experience in value-based selling with focus on key account management, & sales development and distributor management in food ingredient industry and in other specialty chemical industries.
- Expert knowledge of B2B ingredients industry - preferably food ingredients, home, personal care, beauty or nutrition. Those with exposure across multiple customer industry segments will be preferred
- Experience in building and managing effective distributor partnerships
- Experience in active selling in food additives or food ingredient market would be a clear a plus
- Experience with interfacing across various levels of SEA regional and international clients organizations and well as experience of matrix organizations with an MNC.
- English and other SEA local language fluency required.
- Ability and passion to take the lead in key initiatives to run the Business to achieve expected results
- The Commercial Manager is an individual performer with no people management role.
What's on Offer
It is a key position in the global business unit and will be a career development springboard for and highly motivated and ambitious person with demonstrated team spirit and energy drive.
You will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.