You are here
Regional Business Development Manager - Sliding systems
- Role created in recognition of the growth potential in APAC
- Manage partners regionally to maximize business performance
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Swiss player in the sliding solutions (partially and fully open) for the construction sector. APAC is a developing region for them with revenues over 5 million CHF. Their products are well engineered and renowned for high quality, offering solutions covering 10 kg to 500 kg applications. In APAC, they have selling through channel partners and given the potential of this region, they are looking to hire a Regional Business Development Manager who will build a team and business around them (think of this as an Deputy General Management role).
The Regional Business Development Manager - Sliding Systems is responsible for the expansion of partner network and markets for building solutions through customer understanding, concept development and technical solution sales.
Reporting to the headquarters in Switzerland, this role is responsible for:
- Increase Business in line with the corporate growth strategy à increase sales including new areas to take on, in order to outperform on the budget (target)
- Build relationships with new potential customers/channels
- Be the brand manager for the Asia region
- Plan presentations, sales pitches and market relevant sales approaches
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends
- Identify opportunities for repeat business via campaigns, services, and distribution channels
- Own the Asia PnL
The Successful Applicant
- Master's Degree in engineering - alternatively you have completed a technical education
- Have excellent relationships with architects, developers, wholesale distributors and senior management (internally)
- Ability to develop a market penetration strategy derived from the global corporate growth strategy
- Experience in brand building, development and retention within Asia
- 10-12 years in selling building solutions, not limited to sliding systems
- Experience in setting up a regional business will be useful
- Strong communication skills and a creative mindset, preference for candidates who can speak German as the role requires daily written/spoken interaction with product teams in Germany and Switzerland
What's on Offer
Our client, a lean and profitable organisation has a strong culture of hiring and grooming individuals with a strong commercial acumen. In this Asia role, they are looking for an individual that has a strong aspiration to be in a firm that focuses on building people's careers and can grow you into a general management role in 18-24 months.
The remuneration for this role will be competitive and other benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market. The role requires heavy travel for training, customer visits and partner management so we are looking for candidates who can travel extensively and on a short notice.