You are here
Regional Business Development Manager - North Asia
Established US Personal Care MNC
Distributor Management witinh North ASIA
About Our Client
Our client is a leading well established US MNC specialized within the pharmaceutical and personal care industry. Our client is present across Asia, Middle East, Europe and the US. They pride themselves to be have an established player having a host of well-known brands under their belt.
Due to expansion in the Asia Pacific region, our client is seeking a highly motivated an experienced Regional Business Development Manager for the North Asia region (Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Hong Kong).
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Asia-Pacific & Middle East, you will be responsible for distributor management and the development and execution of marketing strategies and initiatives for our pharmaceutical and personal care brands.
This role had two core purposes:
(70%) Distributor Management role - deliver annual sales and contribution target via partnering closely with distributors to develop sales strategy, annual plans, managing market demand forecast and marketing expenses, ensure appropriate support and coverage of distributor's requirements on branding, regulatory, stocks and product complaints for the North Asia markets including Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Hong Kong. You will also be involved in assessing existing distributors/ re-establishing new distributors to ensure that they meet the company's financial goals.
(30%) Marketing and Performance Management role - Responsible for the development of strategic plans to achieve long term business objectives, supporting both short and long term market initiated projects and action plans, analysing market intelligence and developing consumer understanding and market insights.
- Execute sales strategy, regularly provides and massage market demand forecast to drive top line growth and accretive margins and market share
- Control operating budget within business targets and track payments of distributor's A&P, Gross Margins and Forex expense claims
- Propose ex-factory/ distributors' trade pricing and monitors distributors' margins to protect/ improve marketing contribution
- Establish market intelligence to improve understanding of key competitors and significant market trends
- Align annual marketing plan with distributor and providing guidelines/monitoring of in-market execution
- Supports new product development via feeding market size potential, competitive landscape and consumer needs/insights
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will have minimum of 6-8 years relevant distributor sales experience in the North Asian market. Having experience in personal care / consumer OTC healthcare sector is highly desirable.
Besides, you will need to have:
- Excellent negotiation skills keeping in mind the business requirements of the North Asia (Taiwan, Korea being their key markets )
- Solid network in the North Asian region with a focus on FMCG and distribution management
- Passion to be in a hands on entrepreneurial/single contributor role
- Self-starter and performance driven with strong analytical capability, able to make quick decisions to solve issues
- Strong communicator and negotiator, be able to communicate and deal with distributors and different levels/functions of the organization
What's on Offer
What's On Offer
- This is a unique opportunity to make role your own. Great culture and working environment as the company is in expansion phase. The remuneration will be competitive which includes a fair base salary, fixed and performance bonuses besides allowance for travel. We are open to consider candidates who are looking to be based physically in Singapore and is looking to be a part of a growing organization.