You are here
Product Controller (6 months contract - extendable)
- An opportunity to work for a global investment bank
- A competitive salary package
About Our Client
A leading financial services company, advising clients in all aspects of finance, across the globe and around the clock.
This is a Singapore based role with responsibilities and oversight for Business Control functions performed in Asia.
This role will primarily focus on the Global Macro Products ( Rates Japan) in Asia which includes vanilla products such as IR Derivatives (IR swaps, Cross ccy swaps, Swaptions) and structured products (callable IR structured notes)
Business Control sits within Product Control. The responsibility of Business Control is to advise and independently challenge key stakeholders on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial statements, including daily P&L and balance sheet movements as well as validating the principal risk taking assets and liabilities of the firm and their associated revenues in compliance with my client primary GAAP and other specific requirements as agreed with Financial Control.
The role is required to perform the following functions:
- Perform analysis of the daily trading profit and loss by understanding trading strategies, risk profile, market conditions and accounting treatments
- Provide commentaries on significant individual items (cluster and entity)
- Review price testing result and provision on all the inventories held by the desk
- Review of booking, valuation and revenue recognition for complex and structured trades
The Successful Applicant
To Qualify, You Must Have:
- Undergraduate degree in Accountancy, Business or Commerce
- Strong analytical skills and ability to define and apply logical approach to issue resolution
- Good team player
Additional Relevant Experience or Capabilities:
- Understanding of key Product Control tasks
- Understanding of some financial knowledge
- Strong US GAAP accounting knowledge
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work for a Global Investment Bank in Singapore.
A competitive salary package with possible extension after contract tenor