You are here
Procurement Regional Category Manager - Technology
- Key position focused on technology spend across Asia
- Lead large scale procurement projects
About Our Client
Our client is a global MNC operating within the Shipping and Logistics sector. They pride themselves on innovation with new product ranges to meet the ever changing expectations of their client as the world moves more to online and e-commerce.
The procurement function is quite mature with more than 10 years since its establishment in the majority of their APAC key markets.
This position has 3 major focuses. Firstly, Stakeholder Management:
- Developing strong partnerships with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Discovering upcoming projects that will impact Technology
- Influence stakeholders to make decisions quickly that also consider the wider business
Secondly, Hands on Procurement ownership across various projects. Which will include: you managing
- End to End procurement projects
- Vendor management
- Vendor rationalisation
- eSourcing (as applicable)
- Sole sourcing strategies
- Contract review and amendments
- Supplier on-boarding
- Complex multi country / multi supplier tender processes
Thirdly, People Management. Your team will be relatively small (approx. 2 people) and they are self starters with strong procurement experience. Your focus will be to on:
- Pushing them outside of their comfort zone
- Working with the Asia-Pac CPO and the employee to develop relevant career plans
- From time to time provide training in areas that have been identified as need to improve
You will be measure not only on savings from a pure contract to contract standpoint but also on the reduction of risk and the reduction of bottlenecks that improvement business practices. Equally important will be the ability to bring innovation - either from your wealth of experience or from your discussions with suppliers/networks.
The Successful Applicant
You will have 10 year of procurement experience ideally across Software, Hardware and Consultancy. BPO experience relevant to impact on Technology spend would be viewed as advantageous.
This position will suit you if over your career you have had multiple instances of engaging with the 'C' level suite stakeholders and are comfortable in influencing at that level in making decisions on your recommendation.
What's on Offer
This position will have approximately 30% travel across Asia (predominately SEA) and you will sit on the leadership team for Procurement in APAC.