You are here
Port Chief Operating Officer
- Executive role
- Port operations with long-term development
About Our Client
Our client is an international Company with operations in Angola.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing the vision, leadership and direction for the operations,
- Managing and operating the Port and Terminal in a manner that achieves levels of productivity and safety comparable with international operating standards and in keeping with contractual obligations under agreements entered into with shipping lines,
- Completing timely performance appraisals for subordinates,
- Reviewing operating results of the organization monthly, and compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results,
- Functioning harmoniously with all of the port users/clients, customs, security, and governmental agencies,
- Coordinating the management of Terminal Operating System and Billing Systems ensuring that all data requirements by Billing and Finance are provided by Operations with the prescribed time,
-Ensuring safe working conditions and environment for staff, contractors and visitors.
The Successful Applicant
With a minimum of 10 years experience at executive level in port/terminal operations, you have a proven-track in achieving high level of terminal productivity. With a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and team work, you have the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving and demanding work-environment. Previous international exposure is a must-have.
Fluency in Portuguese and in English is mandatory.
The role is based in an Angola province on residential status.
What's on Offer
Expatriate contract: salary+housing+transport.