You are here
Orthopedic Export Sales Manager SEA - MNC
- Sales leadership opportunity
- Regional role
About Our Client
My client is a leading multi-national medical devices company.
The position is responsible for directing Strategic Planning of the Sales and Marketing functions, allocation of resources and ongoing management and evaluation of progress toward specified goals. Additional key responsibilities include ensuring continuing sales growth and ensuring expense forecasts are achieved.
- To develop strategic direction, implement sales and marketing plans to meet and establish sales and market share targets; and contribute to business planning to develop an overall sales and marketing strategy to meet the Company's short and long-term business objectives;
- Prepare overall operating plans and Strategic Plan , reports and forecasts, in line with the needs of the markets;
- Execute & monitor strategic plan initiatives;
- Anticipate changes in the market place so that new approaches may be developed and customer needs may be addressed;
- Prepare and lead Sales & Marketing reviews and meetings
Business Development, and Sales & Marketing Management
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate sales/market trends and sales results, consumer behaviour and competitors activities to identify market opportunities in all markets in territory
- Map out business potential, key surgeons, key territories and accounts, and potential customers; devise and adjust sales & marketing strategies and plans to develop accounts and capture market share to meet changing market and competitive conditions;
- Review all monthly sales and marketing reports to ensure all critical information is accurate and updated. Prepare and provide management reports on sales/marketing programs/activities;
- Overall responsibility of deployment of instruments and channel management including distributors and developing distribution strategies;
- Actively seek for tender opportunities and work with Finance and Marketing when special pricing is required;
- Manage promotional/ operational budget through appropriate allocation to the different investment areas;
- Ensure timely and effective communication with major customers including distributors. Maintain rapport with all customers and advise them of product changes in a timely manner;
- Serves as a conduit between the field and other functions to ensure the sales force has the tools necessary to achieve results. Provide input to overall business and marketing plans;
- Liaise with other functional and operational area (particularly in material planning, operations and regional marketing), outsourced vendors and distributors to ensure that sales and marketing strategies/activities are integrated with other parts of business and align with overall company's short/long-term business objectives.
- Lead sales and distributor teams to achieve annual sales targets for all countries;
- Review team's performance objectives & targets, territory management and overall performance. Provide team members with feedback on ways to improve results [e.g. training, shift in customer focus etc.];
- Hold regular dialogue and communications sessions with direct reports and team;
- Work closely with HR in areas of recruitment, performance management, career & training development plans, personnel retention initiatives, design of sales incentive plans and other related HR policies & schemes;
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum five 5 years orthopaedic experience with a minimum of three 3 years orthopaedic sales management or business management experience
- Extensive experience in the competing and succeeding in the marketplace and with diverse speciality product portfolios
- Experience in analysing sales data and interpreting trends, implications etc.
- Previous work experience in sales principles and applying them in a commercial business environment.
- Proven people management leadership and project team participation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Strong attention to details, good follow-through skills
- Good customer service skills
What's on Offer
Great career growth and rewards