Operation Manager, Medical Device Industry
International Locations • Permanent
- Based in Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu Province
- Sr.Overall Management role, Expat package, 8-10 months oversea training in Italy
About Our Client
Founded in 1949, Stevanato Group is a world's leading manufacturer of containers from glass tubing and since the beginning it was self sufficient in developing the technology and producing the machineries. The Company is made up of two divisions: The Glass Division - specialized in the primary packaging from glass tubing for pharmaceutical. The Engineering Division - designs and builds machineries for the production and visual inspection control of glass tubing containers. The synchronized effort between Glass division and Engineering Division ensures that Stevanato Group has complete control over the entire production processes, from purchasing the finest raw materials up to after-sales assistance. Due to their strong global business expansion, now they are invest a new factory in Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu Province, they are looking for a high caliber Operation Manager candidate to take care of the overall plant operation management.
Report to the GM, Global Operation in Italy. you will be responsible for driving and owning the overall management, direction and coordination of activities for the plant’s performing tasks of diverse and complex skills. Acting as an extension of the senior management team, you are self-driven and empowered to lead the whole plant daily operation within scope while closely coordinating with the commercial team and global headquarter in US. The success of the position is measured by level of plant operation, on time delivery, process improvement, supply chain optimization and consolidation, quality control and internal/external customer satisfaction amongst other factors.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility of P&L
- Oversees Manufacturing, Production scheduling, Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance, Facility etc.
- Designs, recommends and implements manufacturing operations policies and programs in line with the overall business plan.
- Maintains control over all manufacturing activity is that production takes place in a timely and efficient manner, and within established standards.
- Explores and recommends changes to manufacturing systems based on analysis of modern, cost effective methods.
- Forms part of the management team and plays a key role in the setting of the overall company policies and guidelines.
- Focus on year over cost take out to support productivity targets
The Successful Applicant
You will be degree educated with a minimum of Bachelor level in an Engineering related discipline. You must have a minimum of 10 years experience in a foreign manufacturing environment with Minimum 5 years experience in plant manager position with the size of over 200 people. Experience in Glass Industry, Mechanical components, Auto or Sheet Metal Stamping, Industrial will be highly preferred. Management experience of cross functional teams of Production, PMC, Materials, Quality, Facility/Equipment, EHS, Manufacturing Engineering, EHS, etc. Continuous cost reduction and efficiency improvement, or lean manufacturing experience is plus. A history of successful goal setting and successful execution.. Solid hands on experience in dealing with complex manufacturing processes. You will be expected to be results driven and a self starter, with strong international mindset. High level communication skills in English are essential while Italian is a distinct advantage.
What's on Offer
An great opportunity to join in a global leading pharmaceutical glass packaging company, taking the opportunity to set up the brand new factory. An expat compensation package will be offered to the right candidate, plus the 8-10 months training in global headquarter in Italy.