You are here
Middle Office Analyst
- Excellent package
- Rapidly expanding business
About Our Client
Our client is the energy trading arm of a joint venture between a trading company and utilities firm and is responsible for providing coal trading and freight logistics services.
The individual will be part of a small team responsible for producing/ensuring that on a daily basis:
- All Singapore trades are captured/confirmed and managed according to internal procedures.
- A reflective daily P&L for the business is produced according to internal procedures.
- A daily extract of the commodity risk positions is produced and distributed across the business.
The position holder will be expected to develop a deep operational understanding of all aspects of the commodity and risk positions of the business and be able to communicate this understanding effectively to both the front office and management. The ability to constructively challenge the 'status quo' will also be important.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken).
- Attention to detail and the ability to work logically, consistently, and accurately.
- Numerate, comfortable handling varied and complex data sets.
- Well-developed IT skills - ideally including some VBA and/or SQL skills.
- Educated to degree level.
- Some experience of working within a utility/energy commodity trading house - ideally in an analytical role with a significant operational component.
- Operational familiarity with physical and financial energy commodity documentation and the energy trading life-cycle.
- Some experience of both drafting and reviewing basic energy trade documentation (Master Agreements, SCoTA documentation, Trade Confirmations etc.).
- At least 2 (continuous) year's work experience
What's on Offer
For the right candidate, this role offers an excellent opportunity to (further) develop the core operational risk management skills required to control a coal and freight trading business.
As well as the characteristics outlined above, the candidate needs to have a commercial approach to his/her duties, a flexible approach to problem solving, and the ability to work effectively as part of a small, culturally diverse team.
Where required, appropriate training will be provided.