You are here
Metals (LME) Operations Manager
- New Metals (LME) Operations Manager position
- International MNC in the Logistics Industry
About Our Client
Our Client is a global leader in the Logistics Industry with multi-billion dollar revenue worldwide. They have a huge worldwide presence and have significant market share in key global markets, offering a variety of Logistics & Supply Chain Services to their customers. The company has a vision to combine innovation, knowledge, people and products. With increasing demand and new product introductions, they are currently looking for a Metals (LME) Operations Manager to be an integral part of their business to assist and continue their current growth.
Your main responsibilities include the development, execution as well as continuous improvement of the Warehouse, Operations & Logistics processes in alignment with the commercial objectives. To achieve this objective, you will have to work closely with different functions. This is a strategic core position but you also have to attend to a significant amount of daily operational activities.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Improve efficiency of Warehouse and Logistics processes to ensure timely arrival of inventory (metals) into the warehouse.
- Manage inventory (metals) of all items held in the warehouse to ensure that the forecasted demand meets with supply
- Reconcile inventory (metals) on a daily basis
- Verify and approve warrant issuances as prepared by respective customer service teams
- Manage the 3PLs to ensure KPIs are established and met by continuous performance review
- Continuous improvement through analysis of operations data and trends
- Continuous review of storage capacity and space planning
- Manage warehouse/logistics centre costs and identify potential savings
- Ensure compliance and alignment with Global policies
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Warehouse Management, Logistics or equivalent related studies and you must have significant prior supervisory experience. Experience in managing metals (inventories) is compulsory for this position. Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential. Exposure in (London Metal Exchange) LME will be highly advantageous.
What's on Offer
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their excellent vision for the future. The company has a "family" culture and nurtures talents. High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies, staff purchasing privileges and reward discounts.