You are here
Market Risk, Senior Officer, Global Commodities Trading Firm
Global Commodities Firm
About Our Client
Our client is an international commodities trading firm - specializing in Oil & Gas Trading in Singapore. They currently have around 80 staff in Singapore, with 5 in the Market Risk team. The role reports to the Manager of the Market Risk team.
- Execute assigned duties in ensuring timely report generation through trading system and necessary various risk management activities, such as market risk management (commodity - both of physicals and derivatives/foreign exchange) through reporting and analysis of respective risk exposures and profit and loss fluctuation on daily basis.
- To compile prices from various sources and build daily price curves for uploading to the trading system.
- Setting up and execute new deal processing procedures while implementing new trading system, while applying relevant market risk management knowledge.
- To perform month-end, quarter-end (inventory valuations) and year-end (annual back-test and stress-test) evaluations, in a timely manner.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 3 years of working experience market risk management division of a commodities trading company. Experience in Oil & Gas sector preferred
- Familiar with commodity trades management system
- Proficient in MS Office applications especially Excel and VBA programming
- Able to work independently and as well as part of the team
What's on Offer
On offer is a fantastic opportunity to join a very stable and close knit culture firm. The team works well together and has very low turn over. The team also enjoys excellent work life balance.