You are here
Market Connectivity Developer- JAVA(Commodities)
Java developer - Commodities
*5+ years Java programming experience. A solid understanding of object oriented
About Our Client
Our client is a global hedge fund company with more than 2,100 employees and offices in North America, Europe and Asia. Their global investment strategies include: Relative Value Fundamental Equity, Statistical Arbitrage, Fixed Income, Merger Arbitrage, Futures/Currency, and Options among others.
- 5+ years Java programming experience. A solid understanding of object oriented programming is required.
- C/C++ programming knowledge is a plus
- 3+ years of financial institution experience required
- FIX protocol knowledge is required, FIX 4.2 - FIX 5.0
- Extensive Linux development experience required
- Must have a strong understanding of trading commodities futures & options on futures. Knowledge of trading equities, equity options, FX and fixed income products is a plus.
- Must have basic networking/connectivity skills (e.g. TCP/IP & multicast )
- Must be able to troubleshoot production issues (Level "3" support)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
The Successful Applicant
The candidate will be responsible for developing software applications supporting electronic trading with exchanges, SEFs, brokers and ECNs with an immediate focus on Commodities trading. Additional development responsibilities may include monitoring, research and statistical analysis and automation projects.
What's on Offer
This is a initial contract role till the end of the year and we are looking to hire someone will be responsible for developing software applications supporting electronic trading with exchanges, SEFs, brokers and ECNs with an immediate focus on Commodities trading.