You are here
Maritime Field Engineer (Satellite)
Motivated Individual With Strong Adaptability
Superb Career Advancement Opportunity
About Our Client
A global leading communication services provider, owning and operating the world's most advanced global mobility platform.
- Troubleshoot RF and IP components of maritime VSAT/ESV systems using specialized software and test equipment. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore operability in least time possible and most cost effective manner.
- Analyze the results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily.
- Analyze diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network efficiency. Take action to resolve such anomalies prior to failure impacting customer services.
- Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting communication equipment including satellite modems, transceivers, BUC's, LNB's, Stabilized antennas (SeaTel, Orbit, Intellian), and out of band management.
- Interpret technical drawings, service orders, circuit diagrams, part lists and schematics to effectively understand and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Understand/Manipulate test equipment and tools required to diagnose VSAT systems including but not limited to; spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, data testers, hand tools, etc.
- Complete detailed written corrective maintenance, site survey and preventative maintenance reports that are clear and grammatically correct in English upon completion of service activity.
- Maintain tools, test equipment and manage spares inventory as required.
- Maintain the proper up-to-date documents in order to travel on short notice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in electrical/electronic/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- One-Two years of field experience installing and troubleshooting maritime VSAT/ESV systems (knowledge of Seatel and Intellian products preferred).
- Once hired, 2 months of on the job training.
- Excellent English both written and verbal. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Good skills in MS-Office environment (Word, Excel & Project).
- Basics of RF (Satellite/Microwave) communications and IP Networking (Cisco experience preferred).
- Familiar with Spectrum Analyzers and BER Test Equipment.
- Self-organized, problem solving skills, technical background, communications skills, client relations management, conflict resolution and planning skills.
- PC & telephone use
- Able to transport or lift tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs
- Be able to pass basic medical fitness test.
- Working aloft may be required
- Heavy travel required (80%) both locally and internationally
- Ability to maintain valid passport and safety certification.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to advance your career on a global platform