You are here
Managing Counsel, Technology Lawyer
- Strategic and highly influential role
- Global position
About Our Client
Our client is a world leader in a very dynamic and evolving industry, and a highly reputable employer. They have adopted a very modern and advanced approach towards technology. The team is the global function that provides technology services that support the work of global functions and regionally managed assets and operations.
You will be working with the Chief Technology Officer to drive and implementing global, strategic partnerships with a consolidated set of technology suppliers. Some of your key responsibilities will be to negotiate high value and global license terms and create and manage an IP strategy.
You will be responsible for strategy through to execution (encompassing research and development, enterprise applications, production systems, cyber security, infrastructure and strategic partnerships) and for establishing and governing company standards, technology solutions and innovation. Your core accountability include the development of a long-term technology strategy and roadmap and the delivery of company-wide technology systems and services to the businesses and functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide key strategic legal and commercial input, advice and guidance on the development and execution of sourcing strategies and the overall approach to legal support for Technology and procurement functions
- Provide effective management of all legal aspects of the sourcing strategy and independent legal advice on all matters within the accountability of the sourcing strategy team
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Technology function on technology procurement, outsourcing, data protection, cyber security and intellectual property
- Maintain a view of all key legal risk and issues applicable across the sourcing strategy to ensure maximum consistency of approach, compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and the mitigation of legal and commercial risk
- Assess, monitor and advise the Technology team on commercial risks as they arise or potentially may arise
- Establish and manage relationships with the procurement and Technology teams and the relevant client group stakeholders
- Act as a key point of contact for independent legal advice on strategic technology procurement transactions
- Take accountability for the co-ordination and management of all lawyers (internal and external) responsible for separate sourcing streams
- Foster and maintain constructive relationships with clients, external law firms, vendors and consultants
- Draft, review and negotiate strategic, high-value Technology agreements
- Provide advice and present to executives on aggregate risk positions across multiple sourcing streams
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a we are seeking for a TMT lawyer who possesses very strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking ability. Also, you should have excellent communication and presentation skills, a can-do attitude, top-notch people skills and an upbeat and optimistic personality.
You would have at least 10 years PQE, significant experience in strategic technology procurement and outsourcing process and transactions along with a strong understanding of intellectual property laws and experience negotiating complex technology agreements in areas of innovation and development.
Strong experience and understanding of the technology landscape and horizons, including industry good practices for contracts negotiation, vendor management, and contractual relationships (both from a risk and commercial perspective) is necessary.
With a demonstrated ability to negotiate and to synthesise and concisely but accurately present legal positions and risks to a range of stakeholders your communications skills will be exemplary
Likewise, one of your key strengths will be the ability to manage and lead change and work well with ambiguity.
Previous experience working across multiple jurisdictions and on complex and large scale projects, has equipped you with strong planning and project management skills to meet deadlines, establish clear priorities quickly and deliver a shared outcome.
What's on Offer
- Highly influential and strategic role.
- Top notch environment
- Global role
This is a unique opportunity to lead and influence the technology developments of a giant in a truly global role. You will be working with the Chief Technology Officer to drive and implementing global, strategic partnerships with a consolidated set of technology suppliers.
A very competitive remuneration will be offered to the selected candidate.