You are here
manager of trade finance
- Our Client is one of the largest Indian banks
- Work in a dynamic and family oriented environment
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the largest Indian banks and has been establish in Singapore for a number of years.
Our Client seeks to be the leading international bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world.
- Supervise and ensure smooth running of the day-to-day processing for trade finance related activities such as letters of credit advising and/ or confirmation, bills discounting, bills re discounting, import letters of credit issuance, import bills, trust receipt, invoice financing banker's guarantees, buyer's credits, purchase & sell down of trade assets, banker's acceptance, transfer to LC and back-to-back LC
- Ensure sound co-ordination of trade finance activities that are outsourced to Trade Services Unit, Mumbai (TSU) and daily completion of activities by TSU.
- Monitor closely all fees such as LC fees, participation fees, etc. and ensure proper settlement of such fees
- Ensure accurate booking of entries into Finacle, SWIFT, etc
- Ensure accurate and timely settlement of remittances and provide funding to Treasury
- Ensure that trade manuals & process flows are consistently updated
- Liaise with clients, RM & CSM for resolution of discrepancies raised by TSU and monitor transaction closure.
- Contact point for financial institutions regarding trade related risk participation facilities
- Provide prompt response to audit queries
- Responsible for the safe-keeping of trade finance documentation and ensure completeness in the Security Register
- Maintain close communication with internal customers such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Credit & Compliance, Treasury, Finance, etc.
- Maintain close communication and coordination with Head Office
- Provide ad-hoc MIS and regulatory reporting
- Perform UAT for system enhancements and undertake future projects (such as SOX)
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
The Successful Applicant
- Trade Finance experience of around 8 to 10 years in Banks.
- Must have Trade Finance document checking experience.
- Sound knowledge in all trade rules such as UCP, ISBP, URC, URR, etc...
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package + Bonuses
- Great personal development and exciting career progression opportunities