You are here
Manager - trade and fund settlements
- Our Client is a SWISS Financial instituition
- A Job Family environment
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the largest Financial consulting firm and has been establish in Singapore for a number of years.
Our Client seeks to be the leading international bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world.
The Trades and Funds Settlement Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of daily operational activities pertaining to Trades and Funds settlement covering Equity, Fixed Income, Listed options, Private Equity Funds,Mutual and Hedge Funds from trade inception to life-cycle events besides monitoring and undertaking ASAP's client transaction processes,working within agreed ASAP's and Client policies and procedures.
Responsibility of individual includes :
- Timely and accurate processing of (a) Equity, Fixed Income and Listed Options and (b)Mutual / Hedge / Private Equity Funds.
- Prompt resolution covering any trade exceptions /discrepancies.
- Ensuring that all outstanding items in Nostro as well as Internal accounts are resolved in a timely manner.
- Working closely with Service management, Asset Master & Control, Pricing, Reconciliation as well as Project teams.
- Providing direction, oversight, advice and guidance to Trade Settlement and Funds team to ensure that processes are in line with all internal policies and Key Operating Procedures (KOP)so as to prevent losses or risks due to errors, omission or non-compliance.
- Ensuring operational delivery covering Settlements activities are within agreed SLAs, KRIs and/or KPIs.
- Controlling and reviewing of daily BAU for process efficiency/ improvement.
- Escalation of any operational risks relating to trades or funds to Head of Core Operations for mitigation / control solutions.
- Creating and fostering an environment of continuous improvement within Settlements and Funds team.
- People Management.
- Actively communicating and cascading the strategy, plans and values at all levels in the team driving a high performance culture.
- Pro-actively driving the achievement of high performance individuals within the team through effective career management, providing equitable opportunities, supporting succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
- Keeping oneself abreast of market / regulatory changes
- An experienced Settlement Operations manager who is able to oversee, influence and control high transactional volume amid-st a highly regulated environment while driving and proactively enabling an intensive operational change programme which includes improving deficiencies.
- An engaging leader who is able to establish and conduct robust relationships with multiple peers and executives, as well as clients, regulators and third party service providers.
- Strong corporate management exposure with demonstrable management discipline in particular with regards to behaviour, compliance, audit and internal reporting.
- Enthusiasm, drive, tenacity and maturity, with the strength of character necessary to grow the business.
- A self starter who can be depended upon to provide consistent quality service to shape BPO into a leading BPO operation regionally as expected of a global-class function within Avaloq Group.
- Relates well to people from all walks of life and is capable of creating a climate in which team members will want to do their best.
- Possess strong communication skills with a high ability to problem solve.
- Motivated, positive and proactive with professional attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary education (Diploma / Degree in Banking and Finance/Accountancy preferred but not necessary).
- Minimum10 years of relevant experience with demonstrable and consistent growth in responsibilities.
- Strong Knowledge of Securities and Funds products across all asset classes including Equity, Fixed Income, Listed Options, Mutual, Hedge and Private Equity.
- Familiar with Wealth Management products including front to back processes as well as end-to-end system knowledge in processing them.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Experience in managing system outages and follow-up actions from an Operations perspective.
- Preferably with knowledge of Avaloq system
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package + Bonuses
- Great personal development and career progression opportunities
- Work in a friendly family environment.