You are here
Manager of Business Development for SE Asia
Experienced sales professional to lead sales team in Solar / PV industry
Selling commodity and specialty products into PV cell manufacturers
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader within the renewable energy sector and with particular strength within the Solar PV sector. They have a strong presence in APAC where they are considered market leaders. They are a very well respected business both in terms of their innovative products and also excellent levels of customer service.
Singapore is the company's Sales headquarters for APAC and due to business expansion they are now looking to add further strength to their Sales / Key Account Management function by recruiting a brand new role as Manager of Business Development for SE Asia - responsible for leading the existing sales team.
In this critical role, the Manager of Business Development for SE Asia will be responsible for developing and executing a regional sales strategy across SEA. This is a leadership position involving supporting and leading a small team of Key Account Managers and Sales Managers across the territory. You will also be managing several of the company's major key accounts. You will be responsible for driving the Sales & Marketing strategy for SEA and this position reports to the VP for Global Sales.
With overall responsibility for the Solar industry business across SEA the emphasis for the business will be around continued stability and prosperity whilst strategically growing the sales revenue and profits across the region. You will dive deep into the business using techniques such as SWOT analysis to identify potential areas for growth. You will be customer facing whilst also be able to mentor and guide the sales team that report into you.
Yourself and your sales team will provide value to your customers through a high quality product range and in-depth industry knowledge and expertise.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful applicant for this role - you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Industry Experience - We are looking for candidates who have a successful track record within a technical sales roles and in the solar/ PV industry (minimum 5 years' experience)
- Sales Management Experience - You will have had some previous experience of managing sales professionals utilising coaching and mentoring techniques to improve their performance
- Technical Skills - You will be required to have an understanding of the solar cell manufacturing process as you will be giving presentations to customers and key stakeholders on the solar cell process.
- Language Skills - You will have excellent English language skills and the ability to speak more than one language will be an advantage
- Education - Ideally you will have degree level education
- Personality - We are interested to speak to candidates who are honest, trustworthy and tenacious. You will have strong organisational skills and be able to effectively prioritise your workload. Your communication and interpersonal skills will be excellent.
- Location - this position will be based from Singapore and will involve travel across SEA
What's on Offer
This role will offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic and technical environment. The successful applicant will receive a competitive remuneration/ salary package and the potential to earn significant sales bonuses. You will be part of a prestigious organisation that are recognised as global leaders within the Solar PV field. The company provides excellent training and development opportunities for their employees to help them reach their maximum potential.