You are here
Legal Counsel, Asia
- Commercial role
- Contracts written in Chinese
About Our Client
Our client is a US firm which provides services to both businesses and consumers. They provide with innovative solutions and an excellent track record in Europe and the US. They newly established their presence in Asia hence are recruiting a Lawyer to advice on legal matters.
They key focus of your role will be:
- Day to day management of the Legal, Risk and Compliance function in all areas
- Coordinate the provision of commercial legal advice and documentation to the business as required
- Manage the due diligence and approval review process.
- Educate the business on Anti Bribery & Corruption & Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and ensure compliance at to all internal corporate policies at all times
- Manage effective relationships with external lawyers and regulators
- Provide effective challenge to activities that may materially affect risk profile
- Work as an effective member of the team and have oversight of all sub-committees including the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee Meeting, the Underwriting Committee, the Investment Committee and the Finance Committee
- Conduct a regular review of Risk Management Framework, Risk Management Strategy, Risk Appetite and oversight of the Risk Register and associated controls and treatment plans
The Successful Applicant
You possess a Law Degree and have at least 5 years of experience. You have built strong knowledge of risk compliance function and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You must possess strong Mandarin skills as many contracts are written in Chinese
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a new set up providing innovative solutions to their clients. You would work in a dynamic environment and be part of an exciting team.