You are here
L/C documents checker role
- One of the largest Investment Bank
- Our Client seeks to be a leading international bank
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the largest Investment bank and has been establish in Singapore for a number of years.
Our Client seeks to be the leading international bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world.
- Perform 1st and 2nd check (if applicable) of both Import and Export L/C documents
- Prepare instruction sheet to GSO TFS team for processing in the trade system
- Communicate with Europe offices on the check status of L/C documents
- Provide professional advice to the Europe offices on discrepancy/ies noted on the documents; fulfilling of terms and conditions in the L/C, and mitigating non-compliance documents presentation after shipment
- Co-ordinate and work efficiently within the team
- Provide full support to the set up and implementation of L/C Document Checking team in Manila (Asian processing Hub)
- Ensure daily tasks are executed as per SLA and Global work instructions and escalate to Team Head/HOD upon identification of deviations or the development of unexpected risk events during the work flow.
- Ensure adherence to ING's procedures, policy and guidelines at all times.
- Propose areas of improvement in the team for the benefit of the team and Europe offices
- Participate in the training of the new L/C Documents Checking team in Manila
- Participate in assigned projects from time to time.
- Other responsibilities and daily tasks include the following:
- Review and authorise daily transactions within approved perimeters and Europe office's agreed turnaround time.
- Provide quality checking and timely service delivery to Europe offices.
- Work closely with new team in Manila so as to ensure good progress and proper execution of Europe offices' transactions.
- Cultivate team spirit and build up confidence in the new team in their handling of their daily documents checking.
- Willing to travel to Manila at least once a month working there for a week
The Successful Applicant
- Acceptable tertiary education
- CDCS certified L/C Documents checker
- At least 3 - 5 year's of experience in handling both Import and Export L/C Documents checking
- Microsoft office applications -MS word, excel, power point, access, visio etc
- Knowledge of Swift Alliance and any main accounting system
- Knowledge of ICC publications - UCP600, ISP98, URR725, URC522, ISBP.
- Knowledge of local region's regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering policy
- Possess effective communication skill to work with the teams and Europe offices
- Preferably with exposure to outsource/in source operations
- Knowledge of checking documents in French language will be an add value
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package + Bonuses
- Great personal development and career progression opportunities
- Work in a friendly family environment.