You are here
Commercial Banking KYC/AML Associate
With a world's leading bulge bracket bank
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's leading bulge bracket banks. It's a banking and financial services company with more than 99,000 employees in over 50 countries, and has a large presence in Europe, the Americas, Asia-Pacific as well as emerging market. Our client's main business includes investment banking as well as providing financial products for corporate and institutional clients along with private and business clients.
* Advise and provide guidance to the team on day to day KYC/AML matters.
* Manage the inflow of request and prioritize KYC Client onboarding and Periodic reviews
* Ensure business and client is provided with the KYC, Tax, and regulatory requirements for all onboarding and periodic review request
* Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress, challenges, and escalating issues where appropriate. Interact with Front Office and External Clients as appropriate and be hands on. Take end to end ownership and coordinate with various teams to get the task done (Credit, Compliance, Legal etc)
* Assist where necessary in the ongoing customer review program performing full KYC/AML reviews on the existing Local/International customer base
* Assisting with the ongoing maintenance of client information and documentation * Follow up on any delays and deficiency on KYC docs
* Liaise with Compliance/Business/External counterparts
* Perform quality checks to ensure that defined guideline is adhered
* Ensure adherence to standards, procedures and also identify risk mitigates and is fully aware of Operational Risk management
* Participates in regular operational performance reviews and monthly self-assessment
* Remain updated with Regulation and Industry Knowledge
* All overdue and ageing request are followed and placed for closure or hold to ensure the pipeline effective management
* Assist and lead with ad-hoc projects within the KYC/AML team
The Successful Applicant
* Graduates with good academic record
* At least 3 years of experience in the Banking/Finance industry
* Relevant KYC background with with experience working in Client On-boarding/Periodic Review team. Has worked as maker or Checker and experience on dealing with clients and internal Sales teams
* Good knowledge of MAS and regional regulatory trends and developments
* General knowledge of Commercial Banking product set
* Able to cope well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Eye for detail and willingness to question current state practices
* Ability to use sound judgment to determine due diligence quality and if meets regulatory standards.
* Ability to apply regulatory guidance to review process in absence of written policy
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills; ability to partner with internal partners and leverage internal resources
* Strong capacity to assimilate other stakeholders perspectives and fast learning abilities
* Pro-active and business orientation with proven ability to priorities and manage conflicting demands
What's on Offer
This role will is a 6 months contract convertible to permanent. The role offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. An inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits are also provided.