You are here
An opportunity to be part of a pioneer team in an established business
An immediate role available
About Our Client
My client is a bulge bracket bank with commercial banking presence in Singapore. With the anticipated growth in Asia, high quality and consistency of Client Files needs to be observed. As such, KYC Checkers will be responsible for making client files in accordance with local regulatory requirements and the business global standard in order to facilitate the business' KYC. This role is part of the Asia Operations team working directly with the Business and Compliance.
- Prioritize the periodic review of customers and prepare client-specific KYC-related analysis and complete Customer Due Diligence
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt timely and adequately to the new Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies, processes, system knowledge
- Engage and work with Business Units to assess documentation requirements for customers
- Interact with clients to obtain KYC and other compliance information and documentation
- Review and evaluate recent negative news related to clients
- Liaise with internal Compliance personnel on the application of KYC policy
- Involvement in ad hoc projects for new processes or industry initiatives
- Participate in Remediation, internal/external Audits
- Perform MIS reporting to management on the KPI and KRI.
- Point of escalation for the team
- To be responsible on the review and approval of customer files
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years of experience in the KYC/AML space in Banking industry
- Preferred KYC/Periodic Review experience in Banks, NBFI, Funds, Corporates
- Control focused mind set and good understanding of regulatory and reputation risks - (knowledge of Singapore AML requirements is a plus)
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present to an audience.
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of the firm/customer and people with different experiences and backgrounds.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently when needed and to prioritise tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What's on Offer
An initial contract till 30th June 2018. Upon completion of this contract, there can be a discretionary bonus with extension/ conversion as the next step. My client is looking to expand the team to 25 members by the end of this year. Periodic Review will be one of the crucial BAU team for expansion this year and beyond. My client is currently looking for more than 1 headcount and prefer candidates who can start immediately.