You are here
International Business Manager (SEA)
- Established FMCG F&B Company
- Newly Created role
About Our Client
Our client is a UK based global exporter is looking for an International Business Manager in Singapore. The company has been exporting groceries to their customers for more than 40 years globally. Their mission is to be a leading global grocery wholesaler, creating value for customers by delivering a wide array of brands worldwide and commitment to excellence in everything they do. Our client prides themselves to be a dynamic, innovative company and have won a number of high profile awards internationally reflecting their commitment to their company vision and business excellence and believes strongly in understanding the needs of their customers and clients.
They have an outstanding team of professionals across international locations which includes Europe, UK, Middle East, China, Australia, Canada and South Africa which provide outstanding service to their clients globally. As a people focused business, our clients believe their staff are their greatest asset and have been the cornerstone for the continued success through representing their core values of respect, integrity, accountability, professionalism, collaboration and entrepreneurialism.
Reporting to the Head of Sales who is based in the UK, we are now looking to have an International Business Manager based in Singapore to support with the growth and development of new business with small/medium and large retailers in SEA with a core focus on Singapore and Thailand markets.
- Through the utilisation of strategic thinking, entrepreneurial flair and your existing knowledge of importing products into SEA this will be your opportunity to realistically identify the best approach to trade within your territory through the development of long term plans incorporating customer and market intelligence.
- Develop relationships through various channels (FMCG - HORECA, Retail, Food service, Grocery) and to assist in market development.
- As part of establishing your long term plan you will also be responsible for the setting of your annual budget including profit and loss during the budgeting process and reporting on the performance of your territory throughout the year to the Board of Directors.
- Provide reports and analysis of new business opportunities and development as required (FMCG - HORECA, Retail, Food service, Grocery)
- The role will include travel within your designated territory on a regular bases
- To drive revenue growth of strategic product categories through broad and solid customer relationships and through optimal deployment of the sales strategies, business plan objectives and targets adapted to the customer/channel specifics
- sole contributor role in Singapore but with definite potential to grow a team
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in key account and having experience in regional markets in SEA and has proven track record in sales and business development.
- As this role is covering SEA, knowledge of trading in this territory with both large and independent retailers will be key to your success
- Preferably has experience in FMCG / export / import food background, or international sales background from other industries whom can demonstrate the experience is good as well
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills are high preferable, fluent in English and Mandarin is preferred.
- Has entrepreneurship, able to work independently, discipline and self-motivated
- 'hands on' approach with a flexible and collaborative style.
- Willing to be travel (on a need basis) to different locations globally
What's on Offer
Our client offers a unique opportunity for ambitious candidates within the FMCG food industry and who are looking to take on a broad role with a Regional Scope.