You are here
Head of Sales (SEA) - Heavy Automotive Components
Regional portfolio, chance to open new markets
Team management role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading German manufacturer of components for the heavy automotive (trucks, trailers) industry and have been in the market for more than 100 years. In South East Asia, their key business interests are across Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia while the production happens in Europe, China and Americas. The sales team in the region, including field sales and sales support, has 6 staff and we are looking for a Head of Sales to manage the SEA sales business. This is a replacement hire.
The Head of Sales (SEA) - Heavy Automotive Components is responsible for driving sales, direct and channel, of components into large truck-trailer manufacturers in South East Asia. Besides, this role will be responsible for leading a team of 5-8 sales and sales support staff.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is responsible for:
- Leading sales in SEA by bringing new businesses to the group
- Managing existing key accounts
- Leading a team of 5-8 staff and helping them achieve their career goal
- Being the market expert on automotive parts - axles, bearings, lubricants in heavy automotive
- Having a strong understanding of competitors in the industry and building a competitive edge
- Driving culture change in the sales team to promote a solution driven sales approach
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in mechanical, electrical or a related technical discipline
- 10 years or more in selling parts to the heavy automotive sector in Asia
- 3-5 years in a management role and track record of having developed careers of your staff
- Strong key account management, client service experience and examples of where that's translated to new, repeat business
- Ability to speak Mandarin is critical as the role requires daily liaison with factories in China
- The role requires moderate overseas travel but frequent local travel so it is preferred that the candidate have their own car. Transport allowance and free parking will be provided.
What's on Offer
Our client, a high end manufacturing firm has a history of more than 100 years in making and selling parts for the truck-trailer industry. In the recent, challenging market conditions they have decided to make significant changes to their sales process and moved away from price based selling. With their origins in Germany, they have enjoyed a reputable brand recognition and are looking for someone who will be a true brand ambassador in South East Asia.
The remuneration for this role and benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market and linked to the P&L performance and team development. This is a hands on field sales role so we are not looking for candidates who are purely seeking management roles.