You are here
Head of Risk Management- Myanmar
- Lead the Risk Management division of a renowned bank
- Accountable for making an impact
About Our Client
Our client is an established financial institution in Myanmar and is looking for a strong Risk Management professional to lead their Risk Management division in their bank. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, this position will be responsible to lead a talented group of people in the team.
Role and responsibilities:
- Requires strong experience in overall risk management, and exposure spread across operational risk, , market risk, credit risk and product risk
- Minimum 15 years experience in the financial sector
- Ideally those who have set up risk management framework
- Manage the process for developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks.
The Successful Applicant
As a leadership appointment in this financial institution, it is imperative that applicants have certain existing skills and experiences in order to have both short term and long term business impact potential. The organisation considers the following to be critical to success within the role:
- A post graduate degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration with a strong foundation in statistical and other quantitative techniques
- Minimum 15 years of experience in banking across a cross section of products and business types (e.g. traditional commercial banking, loans syndication, trade finance (structured/unstructured), project finance, securities investment/trading, capital markets, knowledge of Treasury products profile and use in trading/hedging and operation risk management development
- Strong people management and organisational development experience
- Strategic thinking, and execution ability to set direction and shape future development
- Contemporary knowledge of credit and market risk related software availability / development in the market;
- Good command over organisational activities and associated risks, both at a micro and overview level, and the ability to prepare and present policies governing the same.
- Has the ability to methodically outline organisational approval and risk control procedures
- Commercially astute and enjoy working in a complex and dynamic business environment
What's on Offer
- High profile role
- Be part of an established and growing organisation with a strong leadership team
- Good company culture
- Future career growth opportunities