You are here
Head of Risk and Compliance
- Opportunity to start Risk & Compliance Function
- Regional Exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Asian Real Estate Investment and Development firm which has expanded it's business and operations in Asia. It also offers investment and management services, leasing, sale, and development of real estate.
Working closely with senior management team in Singapore, the main responsibilities of the role includes:
- Setting up of the entire Risk and Compliance Framework for Singapore and South East Asia
- Initially will be a standalone role, with a chance to build up the Risk and Compliance team
- Working closely with Headquarters to synergise the frameworks for SEA
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of laws, regulations and industry best practices in the compliance and regulatory arena for both Singapore and South East Asia
- Monitor and report on relevant developments in the Risk, Compliance and Regulatory arena.
- Planning and execution of Singapore and South East Asia's Risk and Compliance programs including monitoring, testing, identifying opportunities for improvement and communicating value added recommendations.
- Serve as a resource for internal stakeholder regarding Risk and Compliance issues.
- Assist with regulatory examinations, inquiries and other data requests.
- Deliver Risk and Compliance training (as needed).
- Fulfil other needs as they arise in the firm's fluid environment.
- Travel should be expected for this role
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree (Real Estate, Business or Law would be preferred)
- 10+ year's experience in Risk and Compliance, including experience setting up the Risk & Compliance frameworks
- Sound knowledge of the Real Estate Development & Investments industry and regulatory landscape in Singapore and S.E. Asia
- Strong Communication skills and ability to work with senior management
- Mandarin skills is not required, but will be advantageous for the role
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with good attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What's on Offer
On offer is a fantastic opportunity to start and grow a Risk & Compliance Function within one of the fastest growing firms in Asia. The firm offers a highly competitive remuneration package