You are here
Head of operations
- One of the largest Investment Bank
- Open communication with an open door policy
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the largest investment banks and has been establish in Singapore for a number of years.
Our Client seeks to be the leading international investment bank for business owners. It provides clients with business solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for the operational business activity
- Responsible for the human resources management and for the achievement of individual and common objectives of the staff
- Responsible for the coordination of the different teams and relationships with the other services of the bank
- Providing a technical sales support during prospect meetings
- Responsible for ensuring good clients contacts and a continuous clients monitoring
- Generally speaking, he/she is responsible for giving a bright image of the company
- To set the yearly "SMART" objectives to Managers at the beginning of each valuation period ("SMART" = Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely)
- To transmit the top-down communication to his/her staff, and to pay attention to concerns, complaints or successes of same staff
- To periodically review business statistics, the list of incidents recently occurred, the aged cash or securities items and to take adequate actions
- To look for organizational and techno logic enhancements
- To centralize every techno logic improvements and to transmit them to the technology team of the Service Provider
- To sign the official communication sent to auditors, clients, Asset Management Houses, or to the local supervisory authority
- To sign every P&L incident form issued
- To answer special external requests
- To coordinate the organizational chart with the HR department of the Bank
- To encourage, give advices, congratulate or reprimand people every time possible or needed
- To perform a yearly valuation of the Managers (including a half-year interview)
- To valuate headcount needs and to foresee potential staff substitution
- To deeply assist the Sales force at the time of approaching new prospects or when on-boarding new clients
- To assist the Managers in finding solutions to dysfunctions experienced in their area
- To contribute to the efforts made by the company in trying to reach new clients
- To support presentations of bank services to new clients or prospects
- To review agreements exchanged with clients and/or Asset Management Houses
The Head of Operations is responsible for three different departments
- Manage and build a team to support all administration requirements and needs for clients and Fund Promoters
- Negotiating Service Level Agreement with counter parties
- Ensure excellent service as agreed with clients and Fund Promoters as well with other entities as external & internal Auditors etc
- Ensure projects are implemented and completed on time
- Manage the Human Resources function within Operations i.e. recruitment, external and internal training etc.
- Set objectives and other goals for staff in line with the bank's broader business targets
- Perform monthly reporting and productivity statistics
- Monitoring operational errors, incidents and ensuring corrective actions are taken
- Supervise and manage the reconciliation of bank transactions
- Responsible for all day to day tasks
- Reviews reconciliations to determine proper presentation and accuracy
- Ensure transactions are processed in line with bank's policies and procedures, security regulations and money laundering regulations
- Forex & Money market operations
- Manage the activity with Correspondent Banks.
- Securities reconciliation
- Control commissions of the Intermediation activity
- Ensure the proper receipt, accountancy and payments
The Successful Applicant
At least 8 years of experience in Transfer Agency/Shareholder Services and 5 years experience in management role.
- Knowledge of treasury, portfolio administration, client servicing, transaction processing and Transfer Agency
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Handling a range of responsibilities
- A very positive customer focused attitude
- University Degree.
- Relevant Postgraduate studies preferable.
- English: Advanced level or native speaker.
- Spanish, also valuable.
- Proficiency in Windows XP and Microsoft Office.
Candidate must have strong organizational skills, good attention to detail and excellent communication skills and able to thrive in a team environment.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package + Bonuses
- Great personal development and career progression opportunities
- Work in a friendly family environment.