You are here
Head of Operations, Singapore - Specialty Chemical
Senior leadership role with a leading specialty chemical manufacturer
Instrumental in defining and executing Global Business Unit strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a leading specialty chemical manufacturer with global presence in more than 35 countries and total revenue in excess of Euro 2 billion.
The role of the Head of Operations is to ensure the cost effective and safe production output of the Global Business Unit including:
- Define and implement fabrication cluster setup of several sites with internal second sourcing and harmonization between sites
- Overall responsibility for purchasing, procurement of raw material, production planning and implementation, shipping, etc.
- Align quality criteria, test benchmarks and methods with customers and between sites
- Transfer operational set up from managing a few standard products to a wide span multiple customer specific products
- Establish precise control plans for all kind of variables in the production process to improve reproducibility
- Plan and control budgets within the area of responsibility and implement corrective actions in case of deviations
- Play a key leadership role across the operational functions, develop and coach direct reports
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must hold a university degree in Material Science, Chemistry or similar. You have minimum 15 years' experience in a production function for a global industrial company including robust leadership experience. You have successful track record in optimizing Operational Excellence (6 sigma), understanding of key manufacturing metrics, setting up and evaluating complex projects. You have a pragmatic personality with a strong view for optimizing processes and results. You should also have an extensive knowledge of market environment, good business sense, and high degree of intercultural sensitivity.
As a strategic and hands-on individual, you possess strong business acumen, excellent people management and communication skills, and the ability to drive change at a global level. This role requires a regular travelling across the Asia Region. Fluency in English as well as substantial international and working experience in Singapore and China is mandatory.
What's on Offer
Our client is looking for a results-driven leader with high integrity and professionalism. The preferred candidate will be entrusted to lead the operations of the Business Unit at global level and grow it to become his or her success story.