You are here
Head of Legal & Compliance
- Managing a team of 8
- Holistic Legal & Compliance role
About Our Client
Our client is an Asian and emerging market specialist, with investment capabilities across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. They have a history of more than 25 years, providing investment solutions to clients which include government agencies, pension plans, insurance companies, endowments, sovereign wealth and private wealth. They have offices in Shanghai, London and Tokyo and is licensed under the Securities and Futures Act and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with the senior management to develop, implement and maintain the firm's global legal and compliance strategy
- Ensure that the legal and compliance standards and approach meet all relevant financial services-related regulatory requirements and are consistently applied.
- Working closely with the business, you will lead and manage a team of eight legal and compliance professionals.
- Providing oversight, guidance and mentorship to the business and team
- Establish and build good relationships and networks with external bodies/regulators/organisations in this field
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have:
- Business or Law degree from a reputable tertiary institute
- 15+ years of practical experience in legal and compliance in an asset management institution in Asia.
- A high level of understanding of all operating areas of the business
- A holistic understanding of the asset management industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment.
- Must be a qualified lawyer
- Team player and able to interact with people across all levels
- Able to build good relationships with senior management, employees and regulators
- Able to manage at a high level, but also be involved with the team
- Excellent communications skills
What's on Offer
On offer is a great opportunity to join and lead a dynamic and high performing team with the aim to drive business success and future growth. The firm offers great work-life balance, a strong family culture and a competitive, reward-for-performance-based, total compensation package.