You are here
Head of Factual - Hong Kong & South East Asia
- Work for the market leader in multimedia broadcasting globally
- Iconic brand and senior leadership role
About Our Client
Fox Networks Group is 21st Century's international multi-media business. They develop, produce and distribute 300+ wholly and majority-owned entertainment, sports, factual and movie channels in 45 languages across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
National Geographic Channel (NGC) inspires viewers through its smart, innovative programming that questions what we know, how we view the world and what drives us forward. With a focus on the core goals of exploration and education, NGC challenges perceptions and allows viewers to push back against the boundaries of exploration. With 3 channels in the Factual genre which are the flagship National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, and Nat Geo People, globally NGC has effectively used the medium of television to reach 440 million homes in 171 countries with 45 languages.
The role is a Channel Head position based in Hong Kong managing the factual portfolio for the HKSEA region. This is a regional mandate covering 7 countries including Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea, and Taiwan.
The core responsibilities of the role include the following;
- Managing all commercial aspects of the 3 National Geographic channels with full P & L ownership and leading a cross functional team of direct reports across programming, scheduling, and creative teams
- Creating a strong brand based business plan for each of the channels covering brand identity, content pillars, and communication strategies whilst working with the global team
- The core part of this role is about being in touch with the HKSEA audience tastes and winning ratings and tailoring the content to the customer tastes in each of the country locations
- Working closely with the affiliate sales team to create a winning platform and proposition and the ad sales team to ensure content offerings are sponsor friendly and revenue driven
- Overseeing production for the 3 National Geographic channels
- Driving new business and revenue opportunities for emerging partnerships
- Collaborate with the Digital team to initiate and foster the digital presence of the above channels
- Localising, Dubbing & Subtitling for the channels
The Successful Applicant
This is a channel head role for the 3 National Geographic Brands which are clustered as the factual genre for Fox Network groups.
You will need the following skills;
- To have reached a director level with a major broadcast network at currently within either Factual, History, or Lifestyle categories looking to take a step up into the regional channel head position covering HKSEA.
- You will have 12 - 15 years' experience with proven track record of success delivering ratings results and being in touch with audience requirements across Asia Pacific ideally to ensure the content is in line with various country tastes
- The ability to manage a team of direct reports across programming, scheduling, and creative for the channel and inspire, push, and challenge this collective to create winning platform that is absolutely best in class across the factual genre
- Asia Pacific experience is preferred with an understanding of each of the relevant countries would be a distinct advantage although high calibre directors in different markets would also be highly desirable
- You will need to have passion, energy, and hunger to drive best in class performance and results for the network
- Fluency in English is essential
What's on Offer
- Fantastic opportunity to be a channel head for the iconic National Geographic portfolio of brands across HKSEA
- Highly competitive remuneration package and benefits on offer
- The opportunity to drive your career forward with the Fox Networks group
- Relocation assistance can be provided for international candidates
Please note this is a advertised and retained assignment and as such any direct applications or third party speculative CV's will be forwarded to Page Executive for screening