You are here
Head of Compliance - Asian Corporate Bank
- Mid-sized Corporate Bank
- Managing 1 AVP
About Our Client
Our client is an Asian Corporate Bank with main businesses focusing on Trade Finance and Syndication Loans.
- Undertake up-to-date and comprehensive research into all areas of relevant banking regulations that may impact the business and other related activities of the bank
- Monitor and keep management abreast of the compliance concerns, including areas of weakness and propose new or changing laws, regulations and rules
- Formulate policies, procedures and business practices to ensure understanding and compliance with applicable laws and regulations and communicate the same to relevant departments
- Implement legislative and regulatory changes into our operational set up and banking operations
- Train management and staff on relevant applicable laws and regulations.
- Co-ordinate with Compliance Committee to submit quarterly reports to the Senior Management as well as relevant departments in the Head Office regarding the compliance programme which would incorporate findings and make corrective recommendations for corrective action.
- Compile and maintain compliance library and compliance manual and disseminate relevant information to ensure timely and appropriate response to changes and development as well as review and update the compliance manual
- Oversee compliance audit work, including preparing preliminary reports on compliance audit findings, and following up on recommendations to ensure proper implementation by departments concerned
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years all rounded compliance experience in a Corporate Bank
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self motivated individual who is able to work in a small to mid-sized firm
- Ability to manage senior management and senior stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to financial services activity in Singapore, including MAS rules and regulations
What's on Offer
On offer is a great opportunity to be part of a senior management role. The role offers great work life balance.