You are here
Group Finance Director, Singapore - Maritime Industry
- Join one of the leading shipping and logistic companies in Asia
- Strong finance business partnering role across 15 countries in Asia
About Our Client
Our client is a leading shipping and logistic company in Asia who is aggressively growing their market share in 5 key business lines and services.
This position is based in Singapore and reports directly to the Managing Director of the company. The Group Finance Director will accomplish business targets and activities by managing all finance and tax matters such as but not limited to implementing financial policies, financial analysis, internal control procedures, overseeing cash flows, and driving key relationships with banks, key stakeholders, and other financial institutions.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Financial Management: Provide the board with timely financial management information to help manage the business
- Group Strategy: Working closely with the Managing Director and the Board leading the process to define and formulate Group Strategy that can be translated into effective and executable Business Plans resulting in sustainable profit and shareholder returns
- Culture: Develop a strong control culture that identifies & addresses financial, accounting issues at their source
- Resources: Work with Country Managers in the region to ensure Finance & Accounting function in each country is appropriately staffed to meet the reporting standards of principals and ensure group's future stability
- Continuous Improvement: Work with the Process Director and Country Finance Managers to improve process efficiency within the Finance & Accounting function and across the Group as a whole
- Assets: Protect the financial assets of the Group
- Tax: Devise and implement tax effective corporate structures and financing for the Group and country operations
- Compliance: In conjunction with the Legislative and Regulatory requirements of the operating countries, set the agenda to establish effective processes to maintain high standards of Corporate Governance to mitigate Operational and Group risk
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must be CPA Certified and possess a minimum qualification of a MBA. The position will also require the candidate to have a strong commercial acumen and robust network in markets in the Asia region. Fluency in English and substantial international experience in Asia region is mandatory.
The candidate must be a seasoned, proven leader with a minimum 20 years' experience and currently be a Chief Financial Officer, or in a similar regional financial leadership role from the maritime or related industry. As a strategic and decisive individual, you are passionate, personable, and driven with a detail oriented, forward-thinking attitude. This role requires a regular travelling across the Asia Region.
What's on Offer
A competitive and highly attractive salary package with a well-established international shipping and logistic company and an opportunity to set the tone for the region.