You are here
Global Head of Learning & Development - B2B Industrial
- Team management role, managing in-country teams
- Startup culture, setting up L&D from ground zero
About Our Client
Our client is an reputable and successful, global industrial conglomerate with assets exceeding USD 15 billion and more than 40,000 employees. Outside of Asia, they are an emerging brand and are looking to capitalise on this success they have enjoyed in South and South East Asia by strengthening their core capabilities within the management team . This Global Head of L&D ('Learning & Development') role will play a pivotal role in influencing talent development, retention within the middle to senior management team and act as an advisor to the Group Head of Human Resources.
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Human Resources, your peers will be Head of Compensation & Benefits, Head of Talent Management (Acquisition), Head of CSR & Engagement (Relations). The key objective is to drive both long terms development plans & retention at the management level.
Besides the core objectives this role will lead, on-site and off-site, the L&D function globally and will:
- Partner with the senior leadership team and in-country teams to conceptualise, design and implement learning and organization development strategies
- Lead the business groups (sales, marketing, finance, IT etc.) on rolling out L&D initiatives
- Own the development plans for the top 5% of the managers and be single point of contact for them
- Metrics development to establish the capability & efficiency of the L&D team and the business impact
- Drive the leadership training programs in partnership with internal & external stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or Master's Degree in Business, HR a relevant discipline, ideally a certification in training
- Minimum 15 years experience in learning & development with at least 6-8 years in a leadership role
Strong passion for Oil & Gas, Commodities, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction industries as our client's business interests span across those sectors
- Expertise in developing a global learning & development strategy for an MNC organization (CoE)
- Proven track record in having advised C-level executives on skills development
- High level of energy and resilience as this has traditionally been done in an unstructured and informal manner
- Mandarin language proficiency is a must as 25% of the workforce in the manufacturing hubs is based out of Chinese speaking facilities
Candidates who have on-site experience, of design and implementing training programs, in Europe, Africa or the US will find this role an excellent fit
What's on Offer
Our client has a unique and attractive proposition for someone who aspires to drive change in a leading conglomerate. This is a challenging role that will keep you on your toes but it is fulfilling as it offers to be the owner of all learning & development capability within a 15B organization, at a global level. Remuneration will be competitive and our client commits to rewarding its employees with a great career and progression.