You are here
Global Category Manager
- Pioneer position with an expanding FMCG MNC
- New Supply Chain Hub in SG
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the world's largest European FMCG companies that has a huge global network of distribution across several key global markets, offering an array of consumer goods to its customers. Employing over 50,000 employees worldwide, people and values are their greatest assets - from the broad variety of people who make up its teams to the products developed, innovation has always been a priority for the company. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance regionally and internationally and as part of this commitment, they are looking for a dynamic Global Category Manager to assist them and contribute in this area.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement the majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of Procurement (raw materials) activities. This role is both operational and strategic. You are an Individual Contributor and will expect about 20% travel in the APAC region.
Your responsibilities include:
- End-to-end Procurement of raw materials for Chemicals (Polyurethanes, Plastisols etc) and Packaging (Corrugated board etc) categories
- Define and rollout your Sourcing strategy for your categories to improve bottom-line productivity
- To define sourcing strategy for vendors and suppliers to achieve cost savings that are in alignment with the company's objectives
- Alternate low-cost sourcing
- Negotiate and tender contracts with suppliers and vendors
- Review and evaluate suppliers & vendors to ensure satisfactory performance is achieved
- Networking and building relationships with key clients and suppliers
- Liaise with cross functions for New Product Innovations (NPIs)
- Project Management
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experiences in Procurement of Chemical & Packaging categories (raw materials) as well as relevant experiences in a FMCG/Chemical/Beauty Care Industry. It is essential that you can demonstrate your ability to be strong in analytical skills with an eye for details. You must possess excellent communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders. You should also be proficient using SAP.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a high growth and highly energised MNC that can build your CV and shape your career. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. As such, you will have a strong sense of belonging and pride in your workplace.