You are here
Global Category Manager - 3 xHeavy Industry Categories/Position
- Central City Location
- Best practice procurement operations
About Our Client
Our client is a large heavy industry organisation with deep market coverage within 3 of the largest economical markets in the world. They have capital assets worth in excess of $10billion dollar. They are going through a procurement revolution to centralise the global procurement strategy through Singapore HQ.
The position will be view as an internal procurement consultant position as the procurement for these categories isn't currently mandatory. You will need to build relationships with your relevant stakeholders and develop strategies that have a high impact on savings and risks but allow the stakeholders to buy in to your program and support it through its evolution.
This will include:
- Detailed spend analysis (there will be limited to almost no procurement analytical support)
- Development of SWOT analysis to allow for a procurement strategic plans (for each category within a category)
- Communication with existing suppliers to instruct them on future plans whilst also gathering information
- Mapping out new or previous suppliers to either assist in moving away from sole sourcing scenarios or provide further competition (and innovation)
- Execution of procurement sourcing plans
- Implementation of new suppliers and exiting old
- Measurement of SLAs that you set up but also those already in existence.
The Successful Applicant
You will either come directly from a procurement consultancy where you have balanced the results required for your clients whilst fostering a relationship with those client that produce long term engagements at all levels (not only at the C level) Or; you will come from a heavy industry including chemical, oil & gas, mining, construction, etc and have been embedded in a central procurement function that has short and long term success (ideal in an environment where procurement was not mandatory during your entire employment with that company and you can demonstrate those skills required in such a scenario).
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary and potential career progression
- Central location (nearby to MRT)
- Best practice procurement function and colleagues
- Ongoing innovation programs driven from all levels