You are here
General Manager, Thailand - High-Tech Cutting Machines
- Command a large team to grow sales volume and market share in Thailand
- Join an ambitious machine solutions company with strong after sales support
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in supplying advanced cutting systems for manufacturing, technology, automotive and industrial industry verticals. They are known for their strong brand and service-first approach with constant investment in research and development and product innovation.
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand, and reports to Senior Management in Asia. The General Manager's main priority is driving the sales and marketing function in developing and implementing sales growth plans. He or she will spearhead new opportunities to improve market share and position and manage the changing nature of HQ targets and Thailand market conditions. Other equally important responsibilities of the GM include leading the finance, operations, administration, service and applications functions of the company.
The GM's responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Strategic sales & marketing planning and implementation: Develop clear sales and marketing plans based on HQ and local sales strategies and drive efficient execution at the country level to achieve exponential sales results
- Leading the company: Managing and coordinating the senior management team of the company, Sales & Marketing, Service, Operations, Finance & Administration
- New business development: Develop new business of strategic key accounts and drive new relationships and opportunities in the Multinationals and SME in precision and mechanical engineering sector.
- Profitability and business acumen: Achieves a high P&L ratio and market share taking overall responsibility for achieving revenue targets of income and profits in Thailand.
- People management: Head the sales and marketing team to ensure an integrated and winning approach, optimizes customer satisfaction, revenue generation and employee satisfaction. Manage a group of professionals responsible for the Training, Engineering, Sales, Service and Support functions.
- Country Representative: Ensure compliance with statutory laws and quality standards as well as liaising with the local government and authorities when needed
The Successful Applicant
- The successful applicant must possess a minimum qualification of Bachelors or Masters Degree in a relevant engineering field such as mechanical engineering.
- Required are machine tools or accessories experience of more than 5 years as well as 8 to10 years of management experience.
- The position will also require the candidate to have a robust network, functional understanding of commercial and legal framework in Thailand
- The candidate must be currently based in Thailand and have current working experience in an MNC
- Fluency in Thai is essential with industrial manufacturing management background complete with sales, business development, and strong engineering experience.
- As a strategic and decisive individual, the ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership ability, interpersonal and communication skills, salient analytic skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- You are ambitious, personable, and driven with a detail oriented, forward-thinking attitude.
What's on Offer
The client is looking for a results driven leader with high integrity and professionalism. The preferred candidate will be entrusted to lead the business at the country level and to grow it to become his or her success story. Exposure and career growth is offered along with a competitive salary package.