You are here
Highly competitive remuneration package
About Our Client
is one of the world's leading international commodity trading companies operating in over 20 countries globally, in procurement, sustainability, and export as well as importing and distribution with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future.
- Coordinate, review and drive the financial performance and results of each operation in the given region, including commercial insight and analysis.
- Lead and advise on financial and commercial decisions, and consult with the Country Directors. Candidate must work in close partnership with the respective Supply Chain Directors.
- Develop a consistent and comprehensive set of standards and reports throughout the Region within the broader umbrella of improving financial and commercial support services to the business.
- Liaise between the local subsidiaries, the region and the Head Office finance department.
- Budgeting and medium term planning skills are essential.
- Prepare for and manage internal and external annual audits - maintain a strong internal control environment given the typical geographic locations of many origin operations.
- Maximize the benefits of systems, including Microsoft AX, Hyperion and Masterisk (in-house developed risk management tool)
- Understand the divisional trade flows, their impact on cash management, resource usage, statutory reporting and tax planning/optimization.
- Be able to answer and provide creative solutions to any business challenge that may be encountered in Group Headquarters or from overseas subsidiary operations.
- Proactively gain an understanding of new accounting standards and their potential impact on the business unit's results.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from the Regional Directors, CFO and CEO.
- Capital investment appraisals/monitoring, project management and treasury management.
- HR development, including mentoring, performance management and oversight of all in-country local subsidiary controllers in the respective region.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an international controlling environment.
- Commodity knowledge is important to the role, while leadership potential is essential.
- A degree in finance, economics or business administration. A professional accounting qualification or MBA highly desirable.
- Able to apply knowledge and experience to provide robust commercial solutions.
- Candidate must possess strong communication and negotiation skills, with a 'hands on' highly visible management style, and be able to motivate change.
- Self-confident and self-motivated person able to prioritise and focus on the completion of key targets.
- Fluent in English
- MS-Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills must be proficient.
- Willing to travel to producing countries on a regular basis (estimate 10% travel)
What's on Offer
Highly competitive remuneration package in a fast paced and dynamic trading environment. Central location and regional exposure.