You are here
Attractive remuneration package
About Our Client
Our client is a US MNC that is one of the Top 500 companies in the USA. It is also one of the leader in its field and voted top class within it industry.
- (30-40%) Prepares complex and unusually complex reports on a timely basis, including monthly GAAP and/or statutory requirements to support understanding and reporting of the company's core financial results; prepares appropriate commentary or explanations relating to issues/information of particular interest; uses judgement to determine which issues/information warrant closer attention. Conducts investigations of complex and unusually complex accounts, if needed. Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignment.
- (30-40%) Conducts unusually complex analysis of financial data/systems/processes and prepares reports and supporting financial information to respond to accounting management's information needs, new regulatory requirements or business issues as they arise; determines the best approach and methodology, collects data, conducts complex analyses, and interprets the results to assess the impact on the organization, policies, processes or procedures to maintain compliance or improve operating efficiency or effectiveness. Incorporates new technology to provide on-going, sustainable information and analysis support to the business as applicable.
- (10%) Contributes to internal training in a wide number of areas of subject matter expertise such as interpretation of regulations or utilization of financial systems to improve the technical skills of other accounting staff; mentors and provides technical instruction to junior staff to improve individual capability. Leads multidisciplinary projects or initiatives. Serves as senior consultant to management.
- (10-20%) Participates in accounting component of complex projects to develop or enhance financial systems, processes and protocols; may include conducting research on regulatory changes or assessing financial processes to identify opportunities for improvement; involves developing an understanding of new situations or regulations and identifying opportunities for integration with existing systems, processes or protocols.
- (<5%) Performs other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting
- Professional certification (CPA, CMA)
- 20+ years experience in public accounting or 15 years equivalent experience of general accounting/financial reporting experience (preferably insurance industry experience).
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and practices with technical specialization in one or more areas
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with financial systems and standard software applications (e.g. PeopleSoft; Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
What's on Offer
Attractive remuneration package with excellent perks and benefits housed in a open and friendly office environment with professional corporate culture.